J.W. etc's Crackle 4 OZ bottle
J.W. etc.'s Crackle can be used over wood, metal, paper mache, terra cotta, ceramic, tin, paper products, plastic, glass, etc.
- Takes the guess work out of crackling
- Consistent crackle
- Can make large or small cracks, depending on the thinness of the topcoat
- Use acrylic or latex paints
- You may paint or antique over crackled paint
- Topcoats of paint may be sprayed on
- Brush on J.W. etc. varnishes to protect the finish
- Non-toxic, and water based.
Makes the old look older, makes the newer look old!
- After base coating, let dry. Brush on J.W. etc. Crackle, using a foam or bristle brush.
- Apply a medium amount of crackle.
- Let dry.
- Apply a topcoat of paint using a bristle brush.
- Acrylic paint works better when thinned. We recommend JW etc.'s OpenTime, extender/retarder to thin your paint. A small amount of Open Time added will give a thicker coverage, giving larger cracks. Using more Open Time gives a thinner coverage, giving smaller cracks. The extender allows more open time. JW etc.'s Crackle can be used over wood, metal, paper mache, terra cota, ceramic, tin, paper products, plastic, glass, etc.